Read this on galpod.com.
I didn't have monthly goals for February. I was coming off the birthday high and trying to wrap my head around the gift my incredible partner bought me (more on that soon. Next week probably). But I figured I could look at the lens of my new year goals and see where I stand.
My new year goals were:
1. Edit Labour Pains: this has been going pretty well actually. I mean, it's going to be a big job to edit it, but I think it'll be much better when I'm done. Maybe at some point, I'll write here about what I'm doing to the poor manuscript that I thought was pretty much done.
2. Finish the first draft: this has been going not so well. I'm pretty much stuck and taking a break from this, but I'm planning to work through the resistance I'm having for some unknown reason. I'll probably write about that soon, too.
1. Meal planning for healthier eating: also going pretty well. I had planned most of our meals in February. Weekends are usually a free-for-all, but that's really to be expected. This week has gone a bit haywire (holiday remnants), but I'm sure I'll get back on track before the time changes to Spring.
2. More activities: well, we went on a fantastic vacation in Jamaica, so that counts as an activity for February. We also went snorkelling, and the kids absolutely loved it (and us too) so that's going to be an activity we can try and do again in the summer.
1. Explore the city: I went to Cecil court for my city exploration trip in February. It was very nice, but most of the book shops consisted of a small room with the vendor sitting there staring at me looking at the books. I really would like a coffee shop/book store there. It would have made the atmosphere better I think. But hey, not all exploration trips can be a stellar success.
2. Stay healthy: no cycling session this week or last, but I have seen an improvement in the cycling up the hill department. More sessions needed for March, for sure.
1. Keep volunteering: I'm still visiting the family I've been paired with, and it's going ok. I'm also helping out at a cooking workshop this week so that should be fun. I'm also toying with another volunteering project idea, but I'm keeping it on the back burner for now because I have a lot of projects on the go.
2. Getting more involved with the local writing community: I ran the writers' group a month ago, and it wasn't a complete disaster. I'm running another session tomorrow which I'm excited about. I feel as if I'm not contributing enough to the group, but the person who is in charge seems to be happy, and I think also this project runs at a different pace than anything else, so I guess I need to get used to that.
I realised when I was going over the goals that I didn't include my reading goals. I'm planning to read 40 books this year, and I'm already behind. Later this week I'll write a book review on Mr Loverman which we read for my library reading group. We're reading Rebecca next, and it looks like I should get started as this is a heavy book (literally).
So, March Goals:
Writing: Edit Labour Pains; keep writing.
Hey there! Thanks for reading! If you liked this post, you can subscribe to my blog to get updates and stories straight to your inbox!